Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The new focal point - in writing.

So what is more functional? wasting time on FaceBook or actually putting some effective art-based wordage out there?  I would hope many would agree that the latter is the correct answer.

Therefore here I am, recommitting to the blog, but with a more refined purpose.  I loosely consider myself a feminist in art and in life.  More in art than in life, but I try to communicate my life through my feminist informed art.

As I move forward with my academic and studio art career, I also choose to further educate myself in the historical context of feminist theory and carry that forward, re-enabling this historical archive into the current status of the so-called neo-feminism.  While I feel that feminism is maliable through time, and varies in context and applicability, I also agree that many of the young, historically uninformed so-called neo-feminists have lost sight of what occurred in the past to enable their efforts now.  I feel an attachment to the history, and the cause and effect, and how it shapes my work and my theoretical research.  I feel in necessary to explore contemporary women artists in a historical context....in a sense, a matured feminism in a younger artist culture.  I want to know who, as working artists, are either knowingly or not, embodying this historical effect into their work.  It is in this effort that I re-embark on this blog venture to communicate what I see, what I feel and what I learn.  I will not always be agreed with, or even correct in my musings, but what I provide is my perspective.  This perspective will grow and shape as I become more informed in my own practice and research.  I urge you to provide me with information, exhibitions, happenings, reviews, research, etc that you might find a benefit to my growth as a critical writer and theorist.

I will not always post daily, I will not always post what you want.  I will post photos and videos and articles and reviews and events and all sorts of stuff, so if all you want is pics, you have come to the wrong place.  If all you want is writings, you have come to the wrong place.  Now with all that said, I look forward to this endeavor, and hope my commitment does not wane.

No comments:

Post a Comment